2021 – Another Hard Pill to Swallow
I’ll be so happy when this year ends. You’d think 2020 was the worst, but it turns out this year was also really hard. Just thinking about it is enough to make you gag … especially with all the pills I had to take after two major surgeries!
When you go in for surgery, you just think about getting better. It doesn’t occur to you how many pills you’ll have to take … and let me tell you, it’s a lot! 🤦♀️ So many of them are “horse pills” and they taste terrible. It was everything I could do to manage the pain from surgery and the pain from trying to swallow these huge pills.
Thanks to my friends at MEDCOAT, I found out many of the pills I was having trouble taking are on their Top 10 Worst Tasting and Hard to Swallow Pills of 2021 list. Check it out:
- Amoxicillin – this antibiotic is large, often uncoated and has a metallic taste
- Fluoxetine – this antidepressant is uncoated and can affect your taste and smell
- Phenoxymethylpenicillin – this antibiotic is also large and has a metallic taste
- Metformin – this anti-diabetic is large, sometimes uncoated and said to have a possible lingering metallic taste
- Prednisolone – this steroid helps with inflammation, but is uncoated and can be bitter
- Naproxen – this anti-inflammatory is large and often uncoated
- Ramipril – this high blood pressure medication is uncoated and can change your sense of taste
- Tramadol – this narcotic is prescribed for severe pain, but is uncoated and bitter
- Calcium Carbonate + Vitamin D3 – this low blood calcium medication is large and can have a metallic taste
- Ciprofloxacin – this antibiotic is large and bitter
Also, thanks to MEDCOAT, I found a way to get those pills down, without choking on them. You see, MEDCOAT is a coating that makes pills slide down your throat more smoothly and it even covers up the bad taste! This made it so easy to take my “horse pills” … I didn’t gag once!
So, take a lesson from my painful experience, if you have to take any of these Top 10 Worst Tasting and Hard to Swallow Pills of 2021 … or any pill at all … get some MEDCOAT. It will make life so much better!